Change of Circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of Circumstances

Options
scape1960
scape1960 Community member Posts: 75 Connected
After having my MR stay the same I was reluctant to go to appeal because of stress. However, just as I had started to write to appeal I was taken into hospital and was extremely ill with a change and worsening of one my conditions.

Not sure where this leaves me now, do I carry on with appeal - but therein lies a problem. I had to phone up to find out the result of my MR and was told the letter had been sent out that day and to wait until it came, however after about 2/3 weeks still hadn’t arrived. 
Phoned back up and they said they would send one straight out that day. Finally arrived with a date on the letter of February 17th so that gave me until March 18th to send form in. I started this the next day but as I was now beginning to feel ill didn’t get much done until eventually I was taken to hospital. 

Hopefully being discharged tomorrow but obviously will be too late. Can I ask for an extension or is there a possibility of applying for change of circumstances, which I know nothing about. I’d really appreciate some advice here. TIA!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell and hope you'll soon be feeling a little better and you can go home. 

For the Tribunal you have 13 months to request this from the date of the decision of the MR. If you're outside the 1 month timeframe then you need to make sure you tell them why you didn't request it within the first month. It's unlikely they will refuse a late appeal. 

For a worsening of condition, you must have had this for at least 3 months and expect it to last at least a further 9 months. A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scape1960
    scape1960 Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    Options
    That’s great, thanks Poppy! I didn’t realise you had that long, I’ll get on with it as soon as I’m up to it. Do you think it’s best to include any extra relevant information, I’m assuming I don’t make reference to what has already been put into Review and MR.

If anyone has any experience of what to write in the Appeal application I would be grateful for any info they have. Thanks!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.