Hi, my name is Mick17! Where can I get a credit card? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mick17! Where can I get a credit card?

Options
Mick17
Mick17 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm on pip and esa anyone know where I can get a credit card 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's lots of places where you can apply for one. For example, your bank, Capital one, Barclaycard. Being on benefits doesn't automatically prevent you from having one. They will look at your credit history to start with. There's websites where you can check your eligibility before applying, just use google to see what you find.

I won't post links because some of them have charges applied and advertising links to paid products are not allowed here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Mick17, looks like Poppy has already given a great answer to your question but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community. I'll pop your post over to our Benefits and Financial Support section where members can find it and offer their experiences should you have any more questions. 

I have applied for a credit card while being on benefits in the past so it's definitely not a complete no, you might just need to do a little research before hand to see what the requirements are.

I hope you're able to find a solution soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.