Advice on LCWRA payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on LCWRA payments

Options
emmat
emmat Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 31 in Universal Credit (UC)
Could someone please help with advice on LCWRA payments?

I have been told I fall into that category and may receive the extra LCWRA monthly payments.

I am confused with the waiting time as to when I might receive my first payment and if I might be entitled to an backdated payments?

I have been submitting medical notes from a gp for around 4 -6 months possibly a little longer. 

I received a letter in my journal to let me know a about now falling in to his category so does anyone know when and if I will receive any LCWRA payments and when and backdated payments?

Many Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    More information is needed before I can advise further. 

1/ What date exactly did you provide your first fit note? If you're not sure then please have a look through your journal and it will tell you the date you reported it. 

2/ What date do you usually receive your money each month?

3/ Did you continue to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emmat
    Options
    Hi Poppy.

Thank k you for replying especially on an Easter weekend.

My first sick note goes back as far as June last year ...no gaps. 
    I receive my UC on 14th of each month 
    Many Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I need the exact date that you reported your first fit note. There's 30 days in June. It will tell you the exact date if you look back on your journal. 

Without knowing the answer to that your first payment will be either Oct or Nov 2023. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emmat
    Options
    Hi Poppy

2 June 2023 was my first medical note 

You say  my first payment will be  Oct/Nov 2023?

Do you mean any back payments from that date?

And also will that mean I should receive fist payment on my next UC date of 14 April this year.

Many Thanks again 

• emmat
    Options
    Hi Poppy 
    I have spoken with UC today and have been updated 
    I appreciate your help
    Thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.