If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is saust! Looking for help with DLA Severe Mental Disability Premium

Options
saust
saust Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi anyone know about dla severe mental disability premium. My boyfriend had payout it 2017 for backpay. Payment was not re instated then after. Now need to claim it back again.  Anyone know what form is needed to get money owed to him. Thanks all much appreciated.  

Comments

• saust
    Options
    So rude not to introduce myself.  I'm a senior adult and child support worker. Live separate from my partner. One we have no children due to being on antibiotics for 25 years for hidredinitis suppativa.  Suffered beyond a carers belief to cope in the workplace. To the point of work colleagues get extreamly worried.  And heart rate is 99. Never been operated on. As I was one out of 3 . Other 2 20 years later. Well one is addicted to pain killers never worked.  Social paid them as it turns out hospital admission went ahead for them . Mine being a female due on periods left my hidredinitis on foever war. Now open to superbugs due to overuse of antibiotics.  Any dental or other infections go way our if control. End up with biomedical unit making a mix for me to cope . Tragic to keep a job down. I have had people I have cared for crying as they thought it would adventually kill me. The cost of time off work.  I could of bought my own house by now. Perscriptions robbed me of having children. And still no help out there . Shame to the government, as a Senior care worker for over 25 years  for nhs. Working getting the sack for working in the hospital. As now the hospital a threat to me with open wounds . I have needed caring for as I say I was one left to give birth to this disease with every flair. I have had carers tell me they wouldn't let a dog walk around like you have too.  I suggest HIDREDINITIS SUPPATIVA Gets noticed.  
    It cost more amd more life's a year fighting for help. I still work , but out if employment  at present time. Anyone I could possibly help with care please do message. Thanks all first time in 27 years I have been public about trauma i live. Peace ✌ out x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    saust said:
    Hi anyone know about dla severe mental disability premium. My boyfriend had payout it 2017 for backpay. Payment was not re instated then after. Now need to claim it back again.  Anyone know what form is needed to get money owed to him. Thanks all much appreciated.  
    SDP isn't paid with DLA. It's a disability premium paid with some of the old legacy benefits. What other benefits exactly does he claim? Does he live alone or with other adults?

Is it also DLA he's claiming or PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • saust
    Options
    He claims dla low for mobility.  And med to high mentally . And esa He lives on his own . I live around the corner from him. We have no children so still live separate.  Due to no room. And I have provided his care for past 15 years. I have never claimed carers allowance,  as I thought this interviened with severe disability premium.  I also have had to provide my time around working. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @saust, I can see you're already in very capable hands with Poppy but I just wanted to say hello and welcome. Sounds like you've been through a lot, so I hope you'll find our community supportive and helpful. I'll pop your post over to our Benefits section where more members can find it. Hope you've had a good weekend :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He will not qualify with just low rate mobility DLA. He needs to be claiming mid or high rate care.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.