txt from pip

zigg
zigg Community member Posts: 10 Listener
hi all I received a text last monday after waiting for pip to do my renewal.
i haven't had an assesment 
here is the txt can anyone shed some light I know now it has been done paper based but I haven't had a text to say I jave been awarded 
Your PIP review is complete. You should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks. Once you receive your letter, contact us if you have any questions. Do not call before you get the letter as we will not be able to tell you the decision. Please remember to contact us if your circumstances change.

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 826 Championing
    Hi, welcome to the community. You got the exact same text as me when I was waiting for my review. It means they have done a paper based assessment and have come to a decision. You will recieve your decision letter in 2 weeks.

I know it says not to call pip but I did and they told me what the letter says and what the outcome of your award is if you don't feel like waiting too long. Not sure if they are open today though and will be busy tuesday so if your going to phone perhaps wait till wed/thurs.
  • zigg
    rubin16 said:
    Hi, welcome to the community. You got the exact same text as me when I was waiting for my review. It means they have done a paper based assessment and have come to a decision. You will recieve your decision letter in 2 weeks.

I know it says not to call pip but I did and they told me what the letter says and what the outcome of your award is if you don't feel like waiting too long. Not sure if they are open today though and will be busy tuesday so if your going to phone perhaps wait till wed/thurs.
    what was your outcome as my anxiety has gone through the roof right now 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 826 Championing
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

I was given enhanced daily living, still waiting for the official letter yet though but royal mail is shockingly bad at the moment so should come this week. My review was complete on the 11th March and I phoned pip and they read the letter they posted out to me over the phone. If you don't want to wait too long phone pip this week and they will read the letter posted out to you with the decision.
  • zigg
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

I was given enhanced daily living, still waiting for the official letter yet though but royal mail is shockingly bad at the moment so should come this week. My review was complete on the 11th March and I phoned pip and they read the letter they posted out to me over the phone. If you don't want to wait too long phone pip this week and they will read the letter posted out to you with the decision.
    thank you for letting me know I'm reading a lot of negative comments regarding this txt on a facebook group .
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Empowering
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

thank you for letting me know I'm reading a lot of negative comments regarding this txt on a facebook group .
    You can find almost anything to read on facebook if you look in the right place. 
  • zigg
    honestjon said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

You can find almost anything to read on facebook if you look in the right place. 
    I have waited since June last year for this renewal and was given an extension till February next year it's been a lot of stress what with the landlord keep putting up rent and next will be a switch to universal
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

There’s only one thing you should do about any FB groups for benefits… click “leave group” and don’t return. 

They give the worst advice I’ve ever seen and I’ve been advising with benefits for about 8 years. 

This is a standard text you’ve received for those going through a review. It’s very unusual to be refused after a paper based assessment, though it can happen. 
  • zigg
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

There’s only one thing you should do about any FB groups for benefits… click “leave group” and don’t return. 

They give the worst advice I’ve ever seen and I’ve been advising with benefits for about 8 years. 

This is a standard text you’ve received for those going through a review. It’s very unusual to be refused after a paper based assessment, though it can happen. 
    thanks you
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Empowering
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:
    zigg said:
    rubin16 said:

I agree and it's worse because a lot of people seem to think if it's on fb it must be true and obviously that causes problems especially with benefits.
    The other thing I think that should be shut down is the sites charging people money to win dwp appeals
  • zigg
    just one other question as I really don't want to phone pip
    if say I have not been awarded will my esa top up be taken away it's call sdp .as I'm due a payment the week end so if I get my sdp in the payment will that tell me I have been awarded
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    For the SDP you need either a daily living PIP award or be registered blind. If not then the SDP ends. 
  • zigg
    For the SDP you need either a daily living PIP award or be registered blind. If not then the SDP ends. 
    thanks I went to call pip today while being put on hold they told me when my next payment was so Ian asuming  I have been awarded
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,684 Online Community Coordinator
    Sounds promising @zigg, fingers crossed it's the result you're hoping for.