PIP review award part way through month — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review award part way through month

AjaxJones
AjaxJones Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi All,

I've recently received a text saying I would receive my award review letter in two weeks time on the 18th of March

I still haven't received the letter but the phoneline today said I was due £514.60 on the 8th of April (which is the current amount I receive)

I'll try ringing them tomorrow but for my peace of mind today, if the amount was to go down would I receive less money on the 8th i.e. would one week of the 4 week amount be the normal amount, but everything after the 18th of March be the lower amount?

Or is it possible I'd get a whole 4 weeks of the high amount because it's halfway through a 4 week block, and then for the following 4 weeks be the lower amount?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    The letter has perhaps been delayed due to the Easter holidays, a review can take upto 12 months at the moment and your current award will still in place until a new decision is made. but I would still phone and ask if the letter has been sent out and when.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 3,817 Scope online community team
    Heya @AjaxJones and welcome. :)

As Woodbine has said, reviews can take a long time, I've personally been waiting since Feb 2023, but we all still receive our PIP until a new decision has been made, so I'd try not to panic too much.  Have you managed to ring them yet to find out? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • AjaxJones
    AjaxJones Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    That wasn’t what I was asking

ive been through the process and received my award, I just haven’t received the letter yet

The helpline said that im due to be paid the same amount as usual, but I don’t know if this is the final month I’ll receive it

I don’t know how I can be any clearer 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 3,817 Scope online community team
    In that case, I think it would be best to wait for the letter which will break down the award for you, as sometimes the automated message can be wrong. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.