Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is sonia. I ask for mandatory reconsideration on 20th feb 2024, still no update

Options
sonia121
sonia121 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi all I have been awarded lcw on 15th February 2024 due to my cbt and anxiety I’m going thorough such a hard time at the moment I’m going through mental health support from a physiotherapist I ask for mandatory reconsideration on 20th feb 2024 it’s been 5 week I haven’t received any update from them do you think what’s going to happen in MR

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MR decisions can take anything up to 12 weeks. I"m afraid no one will be able to predict what the outcome will be. Once a decision is made a letter will be uploaded onto your journal, if you have access to one. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sonia121
    Options
    Hi thanks for your response. I have applied for JSA and submitted my fit note. I just hope everything goes well with my application and MR decision. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Was it New style ESA you were claiming or Universal Credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sonia121
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. Did you reach the 12 month limit on the payments for ESA, which is why you claimed JSA? As it was ESA you were claiming you will not have access to a journal so once the decision is made on the MR they will send a decision letter in the post.

Have you checked entitlement to Universal Credit? As it's means tested, if you live with a partner you'll need to claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming.https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator
  • sonia121
    Options
    Hi I’m on universal credit but I only get child tax credit no other support after I had my wca I have been awarded lcw but I ask them for mandatory reconsideration 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya @sonia121 welcome to the community. 

I can see Poppy is already helping you out here, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi. As Poppy has said, looking at the benefits calculator is a very good idea.  :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sonia121 said:
    Hi I’m on universal credit but I only get child tax credit no other support after I had my wca I have been awarded lcw but I ask them for mandatory reconsideration 
    There's some confusion here. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not claiming child tax credits because that no longer exists. UC has replaced it. As it's UC you're claiming this includes many different elements, including child element, standard allowance and any other elements you maybe entitled to. It one payment made up of many different elements. 

Tax credits is a completely different benefit as is JSA and ESA. 

If the WCA was to do with UC then once the MR decision is made a decision letter will be uploaded onto your journal. 
  • sonia121
    Options
    I only get child elements though uc I don’t receive any other benefits through uc
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your maximum UC entitlement should also include the standard allowance,
    as well as any other elements you’re entitled to.

Are you claiming UC with a partner that works? 
  • sonia121
    Options
    I only get 353 because I affected by benefit cap
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sonia121 said:
    I only get 353 because I affected by benefit cap
    £353/month? That’s less than the benefit cap. 

As you have a child on your claim the benefit cap for you would mean your total benefits entitlement can’t exceed £1,835/month. See link https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefit-cap-amounts
    You didn’t answer the question I asked earlier in the thread.

Are you claiming UC with a partner that works? Or do you work yourself? 
  • sonia121
    Options
    No my house rent is 1667 because I’m not working i affect by benefits cap
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah ok,  that makes sense. That means your UC does include standard allowance, child element and housing element, not just child element as you stated. Your rent is incredibly high. 

Are you aware that you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) for help with the shortfall of rent. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments

It's not guaranteed and if awarded it's only paid for a short period time. You may also want to get some help to fill out the forms because speaking from experience, they are quite complex. 
  • sonia121
    Options
    Hi poppy. But at the moment I’m going through such a quick difficult time because I got cognitive behavioural difficulties and most of time I’m unwell u. Has been awarded me lcw but I ask for MR if I lose in MR what else can I do. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It would be Tribunal if the MR decision doesn’t change. 
  • sonia121
    Options
    Hi I received mandatory reconsideration decision. They said I’m not getting lcwra
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can now request the Tribunal, which you can do online here.https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
  • sonia121
    edited April 10
    Options
    Hi peppy. The letter said I can speck and I have no self harm or suicidal thoughts and 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can see your full name on what you've posted and personal information is not allowed here to protected yourself and others. It's a public forum that you're posting on so you have to be very careful of giving any personal information like this on any forum. 

As you are unable to edit your own comments I have flagged it to a member of the scope team who will see it in the morning. 

All you can do regarding the decision is to request the Tribunal. You can do that using the link I posted above. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.