Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Tribunal on UC

Options
suz111
suz111 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hello… I’m new here I was just after some advice on how successful people have been  and how long did it take to receive a deduction after a tribunal for LCWRA 
I had my hearing on Monday it went ok I felt a bit intimidated but I guess understandable.
All of this has been on going since April 2022 when I first told them of my health changes I was already in the LCW group.If successful I wonder if I’m part d from then anything is a bonus though.
TIA

Comments

• suz111
    Options
    sorry I sorry I meant desicion 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,108 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually they will send a decision letter within about 7 days. If you were able to track the appeal online you maybe able to log in and see the decision as some people have reported they've been able to do that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suz111
    Options
    Thankyou poppy I wasn’t aware that you could do that 
    have you any information on how I would do that 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you were able to track the appeal online you can log into your account and check it. If you didn't sign up for that then you won't be able to check it now. You will need to wait for the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suz111
    Options
  • suz111
    Options
    I won my appeal 
    couldn’t actually believe it.
    A quick question poppy if I was already in receipt of LCW will
    it be backdated from when I first reported the health change I sent in sick notes all the way up until I received the DWP desicion when was told I no longer had to provide them.
    Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's great news. You will be owed money from the 4th month after you provided your first fit note. This is because there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period. 
  • suz111
    Options
    Aww Thankyou I’m well chuffed I’ve never been put in this group after 4 wca I decided im
    going to take it further.. I’m so glad I did. Thanks for the explanation I just thought I had read if I was already recieving LCW the 3 month waiting period didn’t apply. 
    But either way im happy to finally be believed. 
    Thanks again Poppy much appreciated xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I didn't realise you had been found to have LCW for quite sometime, I assumed this was your first WCA because you didn't say anything that suggested otherwise. 

If it was UC the started the review then the extra money will be from the assessment period in which UC made the decision to keep you as LCW. 

If you actually reported a worsening of condition, which prompted them to refer you for another WCA then it will be from the assessment period in which you reported the changes. There will be no waiting period.
  • suz111
    Options
    Yea I reported a worsen condition in April 2022 and was already on LCW.
    i was placed on Univerdal credit in Jan 2020 with a sick note from my doctor & DWP admitted I should have been sent for a WCA soon after but because of Covid these were all put on hold. Fast forward to 2022 themselves starting putting in my journal I would have a telephone interview. 
    They cancelled this appointment 6 times kept rearranging. When I eventually had the interview I told them how I wasn’t coping which prompted the start of the WCA 
    I had to report a worsen condition. 
    Thanks Poppy 
    I will let you know what happens with backdated pay x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then it will be from April 2022 when you reported changes. Do be aware though that they may turn around and tell you that it's from the assessment period in which the decision was made. In your case this isn't correct. They very often get this wrong. 
  • suz111
    Options
    Thankyou 
    I will wait for the letter see what they say 
  • trb10
    trb10 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    Oh wow did you have to wait 2 years for your appeal to be heard?!  That's madness
  • suz111
    Options
    From me reporting my health change in April 2022 I was awarded LCWRA April this year after winning my tribunal. 
    Been very stressful to say the least x
  • suz111
    Options

@poppy123456
    Hi poppy I’ve been on my journal today and all my journal entries have been deleted from before July 3 202 have you any idea why this has happened.
    I phoned up univssl credit said it was fine their end and also said he could see a back payment of 3900 to be issued. 
    I’ve had no other updated and after working that out it’s 10 month backdated I find this strange as no one will explain to me where the journal entries have gone.
    TIA 
  • suz111
    Options
    3rd of July 2023 that should say xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea why your journal entries have been deleted. I would expect your statements to be replaced with the new ones once they recalculate them. What they will owe will depend on what you're already received against what you should have received. 
  • suz111
    Options
    They still not there I’ve had an update in my journal also a telephone call saying I am owed £3900 it has been backdated from 6th of June 2023 to April 5th 2024. Even the lady from UC looked and she thought it should have been applied from April 25th 2022 and advised me to ask them to look at the desicion.
    But in the meantime I’m well happy with how quick from winning my appeal the 10th of this month they are paying me on Friday 
    Thanks for the knowledgeable advice Poppi 
    much appreciated xx
  • suz111
    Options

Poppy even 
    sorry typo xx
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,638 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey there @suz111 I can see you've already been getting tonnes of help from Poppy, but I just wanted to pop in and give you a quick welcome to the community and also congratulations on your award! That's amazing news!
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.