Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
samzack
samzack Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Hi ive been awarded lcwra today please could you help ive been putting fit notes in since 2nd of jan 2024 sent my application for lcwra 1st of march 2024 do anybody know how long will have to wait for a payment thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Question answered here.https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/116827/limited-capability-to-work#latest

Please try to keep to one thread because it's not helpful to spam the forum with the same questions. Those that advise here do so freely in their own spare time and sometimes it may not be possible to have an answer as soon as you post. I have health conditions myself and currently going through a difficult time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maxine1211
    maxine1211 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    You didnt have to wait long for a decision
  • samzack
    Options
    No not at all had my telephone appointment 5 days later 
  • maxine1211
    Options
    And a decision so quickly 
  • samzack
    Options
    Oh is that quickly never claimed this before 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    I had my interview on a Friday, Monday morning had the decision. But it can be different for everyone and can take a lot lot longer
  • maxine1211
    Options
    I had mine last thursday depression and anxiety and panic attacks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You had your decision quite quickly too. Some people are waiting several months and more for the assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • samzack
    Options
    So is that why a waiting period before receiving a payment had a reply i wont get a payment until 1 st of Aug 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    samzack said:
    So is that why a waiting period before receiving a payment had a reply i wont get a payment until 1 st of Aug 
    I advised you on your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/116827/limited-capability-to-work#latest

If there were no gaps in your fit notes your first payment will be 1st June. 
  • maxine1211
    Options
    No not had decision just assement
  • maxine1211
    Options
    You had your decision quite quickly too. Some people are waiting several months and more for the assessment. 
    Not descision only assement
  • poppy123456
    edited May 6
    Options
    Not descision only assement
    In your thread that I spent a lot of my time advising you on yesterday you said you had been awarded LCWRA. Thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/117606/lcwra-need-help#latest 

If no decision has been made then I don't understand why you said it had. This means that all the advice I gave is irrelevant until a decision has been made. 

This is what you said in your first comment on that thread.

Hi im new to this and just had health assesment and awarded lcwra ... do you get the 3 months waiting backdated ... im trying to understand it but its not clear

• maxine1211
    Options
    Yes i know because thats what i understood from the assement that i had that it would dedinetly get it so i just wanted to understand all the correct imformation so i knew what to expect ..im sorry i needed to understand the procedure after i never meant to mislead you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes i know because thats what i understood from the assement that i had that it would dedinetly get it so i just wanted to understand all the correct imformation so i knew what to expect ..im sorry i needed to understand the procedure after i never meant to mislead you 
    Nothing is ever final until the decision is made. If the assessor said something to you that made you think you would be found to have LCWRA then they shouldn't have said anything to you because it's not their job to do that. 

Once a decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

I do have health conditions myself and the time I spend here is freely in my own spare time and it's not always easy for me do that. 
  • maxine1211
    Options
    I understand what you mean ... i will wait and see but at least i understand a little about it know... yiur time and effort is appreciated very much its not gone to waste... im sorry about your conditions and i hope i havnt upset you your advice has helped me to understand if not now but for future reference .. i will keep you updated as soon as i hear thankyou for your time its appreciated
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I understand what you mean ... i will wait and see but at least i understand a little about it know... yiur time and effort is appreciated very much its not gone to waste... im sorry about your conditions and i hope i havnt upset you your advice has helped me to understand if not now but for future reference .. i will keep you updated as soon as i hear thankyou for your time its appreciated
    You didn't upset me, I just didn't understand why you said you had the decision when you didn't. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.