Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Interview / Reasonable Adjustments

Options
Scrumptious67
Scrumptious67 Community member Posts: 50 Pioneering
Hello all, first time here and very glad to have found this support network. :)

I have an interview tomorrow and have been informed that I will have timed tasks to do after the interview.  I have asked for an overview of the tasks so I know what to expect as I have an anxiety disorder.  They haven't responded to me so I'm just wondering if it's a reasonable request?  I thought it was ok to ask, even for details, so now I'm doubting myself due to not having a response. TIA

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,928 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Scrumptious67, glad you found us! Sorry to hear they haven't responded to your request yet. What time is your interview tomorrow? Do you think it would give you enough time to prepare if they did respond tomorrow instead?

There's a bit of information about reasonable adjustments at interview on the Scope website if you'd like to have a read. If you've made the interview panel aware that you have a disability, they should be able to offer some reasonable adjustments for your interview. Things like seeing the questions in advance or having more time usually come under this, so it's not unreasonable that you've asked :)

It's not quite the end of the working day yet, so it could be that they still reply tonight, fingers crossed that they do! Best of luck!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Scrumptious67
    Options
    @Rosie_Scope thank you for replying with such useful information.  I've emailed to ask for extra time now so hopefully they see it before the interview. Fingers crossed. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,928 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'll keep everything crossed for you, good luck at the interview! If you feel up to it afterwards, we'd love to hear how you get on :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I myself suffer with mental illnesses anxiety one of them . I have always been really honest with the jobs I have gone for and have told them what adjustments they have to make for me . What you have asked for is very reasonable. 

• Scrumptious67
    Options
    Thank you for the support.  The interview went fine in the end and they allowed me extra time for the tests.  I still managed to fluff one of them but it was a good experience.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 23,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am glad your interview went well. You did your best and interviews can be quite daunting. Take care. @Scrumptious67
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.