If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award

Options
beth4dean
beth4dean Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited May 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone dunno wether anyone can help have been waiting since Jan 2023 I was refused and request a MR that was also denied I appeal my case to tribunal which happened on the 17th April I was award enhanced on daily and mobility can anyone advise how long before I receive any payment I called up and was told 4 weeks they also asked me some question on phone rather then DWP call me back asked if been in hospital etc? 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,580 Scope online community team
    edited May 1
    Options
    Hi @beth4dean, welcome to the community. It's great that you won your tribunal after waiting so long. I've moved your post over to our PIP section where more members can find it, I hope that's okay with you. 

If they asked you about being in hospital on the phone, it's usually just to check that you're still eligible for the payment as anyone who's been in hospital for more than 28 days will have their payments stopped. It's a normal thing for them to ask, so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you've had a long hospital stay recently.

And as far as I'm aware, if they've told you it'll be a four week wait for your payment, that'll be four weeks from the date you were awarded. If you're not sure, you could try ringing again and ask them whether they can confirm the first date of your payment :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • beth4dean
    Options
    Ok thank you Rosie they said take 4 weeks from tribunal win to get in put into payment just very long time waiting 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,227 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be anything up to 8 weeks after a Tribunal win to pay what is owed and to put your award into payment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beth4dean
    Options
    Ok thank you poppy I rang up they said 4 weeks from tribunal award date so hoping should be soon been a very long time waiting 
  • tracyj59
    tracyj59 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    That’s great news made up for you I’m waiting for my tribunal hearing how long did you have to wait for a date also what points was you originally awarded did it change a lot at tribunal and how did you find it I’m really worried about the process 
    thanks 
  • beth4dean
    Options
    I applied in jan 23 I was refused I then requested a MR that was also refused in march 23 I then appeal through tribunal were I didn't get my tribunal date till 17th April, we I attend a video hearing and was awarded both daily and also mobility I waited a long time 
  • trickyjacket
    trickyjacket Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Your timeline is very similar to mine. Applied Feb 23. Assessment May 23 and awarded standard mobility only. MR = no change, therefore I appealed. Tribunal in May 24 awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility.
  • beth4dean
    Options
    How long did you wait for your back pay ?
  • trickyjacket
    trickyjacket Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    beth4dean said:
    How long did you wait for your back pay ?
    I'll let you know when I've had it! I'm expecting it to be c. 4/8 weeks judging by others' posts 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.