If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is deb23!

Options
deb23
deb23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am so worried about Tories proposals to make devastating changes to pip. Its already having an impact on my mental health. Just worrying how i will survive financially.
I receive pip for severe mental health and physical disability. I have osteoarthritis in my lower spine and fibromialgia, which causes aches and pains in other parts of my body.

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's been several or more threads on this here in the past week. Everything you've read or heard is just proposals. Nothing will change now and everything remains as it is. We also have a General Election this year so any possible changes may not even happen. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,782 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @deb23 and welcome to the community. :) 

I understand your concerns, but as Poppy has said, they're just ideas currently, nothing is set in stone. So please try not to worry too much. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Instead of not doing anything and being told not to worry, DO SOMETHING!!! The one thing we can all do is to Respond to the consultation 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.