If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is h1510! LCWRA, if I owe debt recovery money, will backpay go straight there?

Options
h1510
h1510 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 3 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, I’m looking for some help please? 
So I got my letter to say I have been awarded LCWRA (23rd April). my first sick note was (3rd August 2023) my assessment period is 11th-12th (pay day 18th),so my questions are… when will they start paying me from,
when will I receive my first payment & also if I owe debt recovery money, will my backdate pay go straight to the debt recovery? 
Thank you all 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you continued to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA your waiting period will be as follows. 

Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov... LCWRA starts from AP 12th Nov to 11th Dec and first payment will be 18th Dec 2023. 

This is also assuming that 3rd August 2023 was the date you provided your first fit note, not the date on it and you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 

Money owed will be paid separately and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. Yes, if you owe them money they can take this from the money they owe you and it could be sent to debt management. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • h1510
    Options
    Thank you for responding to me, I had no gaps in my Sicknotes, yes I first provided my first Fitnote 3rd August, do you know what the possibility is off them having ‘first dips’ on the back dated money please? 
  • h1510
    Options
    I have a payment plan set up with DM as I can’t afford to pay the full monthly amount will this have anything to do with the back dated pay? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you have a payment plan in place they may not take what you owe them but I don’t work for debt management so can’t tell you for certain.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • h1510
    Options
    Okay thank you very much for responding and getting back to me
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @h1510 and welcome to the community. :)

I can see Poppy has already helped you out here, but I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello and congratulations on your award. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.