Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

UC Review

Options
Nemo
Nemo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,
I need your input as I am panicking at the moment.
I have been asked for a review and sent 4 months' bank statements.
I have little savings from where I constantly transfer money to my account; this can be easily seen from my savings account to my current account and vice versa.
I also transferred money from my credit card to my current accounts £750, £350, £250 to help pay rent etc. This can be easily verified as well if they need it.
In March my mother-in-law lent us £4,500 to pay part of credit cards as interest was going to be very high. It was paid in and paid out to credit cards on the same day. Also, when it got paid in, my total amount in all accounts was not over £6000, just under £5700.
Does this sound OK?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Capital of under £6,000 is ignored. Also your UC payments are not treated as capital until the last day of your next assessment period, after it was received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nemo
    Nemo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, Poppy123456, for your reply. It means I should not worry about it, right? On the statement, money in: shows as £9,637 and Money Out £9,279. The opening balance £325, and the closing balance £322. I never held more than £6,000 at any day, though.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.