Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Desperate help with roof and stove

Options
MsJody
MsJody Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Jody I currently care for a sweet young lady that is severely disabled and lives with her momma. Many rooms in the home have large holes in ceiling that water pours in. They currently live on the girls income from state. I am inquiring on who she can call for help. Plus her gas stove oven isn't working. The sweet girl is a tube feed and on occasion we can feed her puree but difficult for her momma to cook without oven. Can someone please help 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,088 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MsJody said:
    Hello my name is Jody I currently care for a sweet young lady that is severely disabled and lives with her momma. Many rooms in the home have large holes in ceiling that water pours in. They currently live on the girls income from state. I am inquiring on who she can call for help. Plus her gas stove oven isn't working. The sweet girl is a tube feed and on occasion we can feed her puree but difficult for her momma to cook without oven. Can someone please help 
    Are you in the UK or as I suspect the USA ? 

2024 Election won

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey there @MsJody and welcome to the community. 

Can I just  confirm you're in the UK please? As a UK charity, the only people we'd be able to signpost to would be UK based.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.