Uc

ella1992
ella1992 Community member Posts: 271 Contributor

Can somebody help me or advise me please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,584 Championing

What advice would you like? All I can see is that they owed you some money and they will pay £555.88 into your bank.

• ella1992

I'm confused why in owed money I was awarded work extre money from December 20219 I think

• ella1992

Sorry Jan 2021 I was awarded it looking back on my statement

• ella1992

I just don't wanna accept money then owe them later om how have they checked this then

• ella1992

And they said this what does it mean they are revised my statements and why have they done this I don't understand

• poppy123456

What were you awarded? Sorry but it’s impossible to advise because you haven’t given enough of information.

Revised statements mean they have recalculated them.

• ella1992

I was awarded work capability lwcra in 2021 January

• poppy123456

If they say they owe it then it must be correct. I'm sorry I can't be any more specific than that. Although that was rather a long time for them to realise they owed you money.

• ella1992

I can't understand it how would they have worked it out though or do they have access to mt bank maybe they check idk

• ella1992

Or was that reivew team looking at mt claim maybe ?

• poppy123456

They wouldn't just access your bank account. They would be able to look back at your statements on your journal to see what you were paid over those months.

I have no idea how after all this time they realised you were underpaid. This isn't something I can advise on because you haven't given any information. If you want further advice you will need to speak to an advice agency. By doing this you can show them your past statements so they can look at them.

• ella1992

So I looked back i was awarded lwrca on 18th December 2020 but I didn't get the extre payment untill January 25th 2021 if that helps for u to help i dont want to ring uc helpline gives me ainexty as they have no clue they giving me wrong advise befoe wear iv been so upset

• ella1992

And on the 17th October 2020 it went to assmeant place but I never had face to face appointment they contact my worker and that's wen I gor the letter

• ella1992

It all seems very strange to me doesn't add up about this money they owe I have contacted my worker but she's off now apparently this money goes in my bank Monday

• poppy123456

Reading your first comment again it seems like it's for the work allowance that they didn't pay you for at the time because either yourself or a partner were receiving earnings at that time and you didn't previously have the work allowance.

Again, I would need so much more information from you before I can see if it''s correct and that just isn't possible on an internet forum. I would be here forever and that's just not possible. There's only so much advice an Internet forum can give.

When I advised you to get some advice from an agency I didn't mean to ring the UC helpline. They are not benefits advisors. This link will help you find an advice agency local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

• ella1992

Ok but I fort u only get work allonce if u have disabled and me and my partner had earnings then not aloud but I did check 2 statements looks like I didn't get work allowance

• poppy123456

You’re entitled to the work allowance if you either have children on your claim or you have LCW/LCWRA.

If there were no children on your claim before you were found to have LCWRA then it will apply from the assessment period in which you provided your first fit note.

• ella1992

There no children on my claim never have been I think my sick note was in August 2020 and then fourm was handed to assmeant October 2020 then December I was awarded lcrwa in 2020 December and paid my first extre money January 2021 it's all very confusing I hear there going through alot of claims who have been underpaid