Edp payment

jude1967
jude1967 Community member Posts: 65 Contributor
edited July 24 in Benefits and income

I recieve the universal credit and been one the claimant that was 350of us that won the litigation .I now asking as it say that they going to pay us the edp through migration that was I now have read that the edp should be paid through migration and I have now read that edp was suppose to be paid from April 2024 and the house Lords passed it..but I have not recieved it.we got letters which I have and they said through migration April 2024 .I seen none in my uc and the house Lords passed it ..so why have they not started paying it out if it was passed in April and that we get it back dated ..as past government have not payed those to lost it wen like I did lost it through moving to new area .so why are they still not paid those that lost it and they suppose to rectify it.now in my letter from leigh day that the government states that it will do wen it in migration well 7yrs is a long time and migration been truly and it's states that we will get transitional payment so why hasn't.t it be rectify and payments not been sent out.they seem to think this should go on and on. The high court as we all no step in and said that there no case that the dwp can answer to .so can someone please explain.why they haven.t started to rectify it..we waited well myself 7yrs for our rights and is the new government going to be sitting on their hands as I voted for them because they said it be rectify .then to find out the house Lords passed it in April is this another form of kicking the stone down the street .why that us disabled people still being perscuted again wen this was passed in April as we got take another court case to recover our losses again .they going to prolong it again .I am fed up of having to fight them all the way .they soon sent letters out to us and I want to know wen the house Lords said that it should now be included for them to rectify my losses .thanks ..I was one of the 350 that was also doing this and it's just now to point new government new fight is it

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing

Sorry but I found that very difficult to read. What I did read, paying what everyone is owed always takes time. I’m afraid I have no idea when they will pay it. There’s been no other updates since the court hearing.

• jude1967

Sorry that's the brain surgery that I get confused on..why has thr edp not been paid as I read on ur platform it was passed in house of Lords so us it correct that it's been passed and if that's the case why are myself and others still fighting with these people is it correct that I read in here it was passed in the house if Lords so that dies meen we be going back to court just to get a collection agency .which I am willing to continue the fight . So is it correct I read it on here it was passed and the house of Lords saying why it hasn t been settled already

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing

The only thing I can advise is contact your local MP.

• jude1967

Lead my to a mp who do listen. Cause i cam see clearly that now Labour in that these are going to lie how many times and how long wen every court case the government lost.so looks like this government going to do the same lie to get votes then back track the bull for the lawyer already which the government has to paumy. So it all the same lie lie lie

• androgynous
    androgynous Community member Posts: 95 Empowering

I've been called a liar and a smart Alec but I do know what is happening with this claim.

I presume you've received a letter offering you compensation if you withdraw your claim for financial losses ( your EDP) on the basis the D*P will make appropriate compensation payments in the future.

The compensation should be paid directly into your Universal Credit in the same way the SDP compensation was paid. This should mean you will receive a lump sum then transitional payments into your UC award.

LD will preserve your right to re-commence a claim for financial losses in the event you have to wait any longer than 12 months for this further compensation payment or if the amounts paid are unacceptable.

In other words, it's still a win for the D*P after all these years and LD seems to be unwilling to restart a very costly process to go through all the courts, again. The D*P is still holding the disabled to ransom.

Despite winning, its been a waste of time, especially if you are no longer on UC. Drop something you've fought for, for years, which in reality, I believe some people won't get.

The only winners were the original two cases.

You may receive the EDP in the next 12 months. The D*P will only settle the case if the whole group agrees.

Think I'm lying if you want to. I could post a copy of the letter, but I'm not going to.

• Noelmc1972
    Noelmc1972 Community member Posts: 13 Listener

I am part of this class action and would like to speak with other people regarding this my missing payment is over 5000 pounds and they are saying if I settle my claim with ld they will pay it but there is no guarantee of this

• jude1967

True I no .I recieved the letter that to compensate for distress and they ain.t paid either even with the formal letters and was suppose to be paid in September and low behold even this government is is holding onto the contract even though we were told middle Sept.now this government have back tracked on their promises.so we been waiting for that payment yet before the edp payment which I reckon will be another fight .yes since 2017 mine was from and if they payed out the first that they should pay out as it states in the letter of acceptance the money and then payment to be paid snd back dated .so them contract which we sign must now stand in a court of law because in them letters we were told that I will be paid by the same route as the sdp.so now all them contracts that we agreed to then really not worth the paper it was written on.god honest this cost the government more if they didn't.t try and make people with servere disability suffer any more..mp would rather run away as clearly we already seen that this new government is not going to honour the people that had to fight and continue to fight .it's a waste of contracts that we had to sign as already they are not coughing up and making things worse.uc has been the death of us that are disable .so looks Luke back to court it will be as I now the barrister advise that we accepted it as otherwise they cannot no longer get if we Don.t accept our case much further .so it's still stupid considering the dwp has been in talks with their dwp barristers. And those that want justice to the suffering uc done to us disable people looks like hire no other way than take the to court to get a collection agency to recoup cost ..maybe the bullies can take the benched from under the mp backside take all the thongs that dwp threaten people they call wrong uns ..the sheriff comes to parliament .be quite funny really to take their backside off them benches they feel cold like we do take heating and now definitely remove the liar that con the country with lie out of government

• androgynous

@Noelmc1972

@jude1967

Did either of you accept the compensation?

I accepted the offer which I'm told I'll receive soon, along with the exact amount.

Didn't LD say to get in touch if you haven't received the EDP within a year?

If you didn't accept the compensation, you are no longer part of the claim, as I was told.

After all this time, something is better than nothing, to me personally. I don't think, after all this time and legalities, the D*P will ever pay the edp to anyone. They've done everything they can to avoid paying it.

Quite happy to be proven wrong though 😌 ☺️ 😊

• jude1967

Yes ..I gpt letter today buy still out of pocket ain.t we really as wen will they pay this because we should have to wait another 12mnths is it true wat I heard today that it defo being replaced with vouchers I read it on Google news .so I thinks it back to another fight why is it always the same disable people suffer.my my condition is rare no cure there not many neurosurgeon in the field for it so I no they try push this back social services but if there no help for someone that's got a rare disease of spinal cord and brain..there no help as it bloody rare so it always the same vouchers won.t help me at all

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,818 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @jude1967, there's currently no solid evidence that any benefits will be changed to vouchers. This was something that the previous government were considering, but we haven't heard any confirmed news about what the new government have planned yet. Hopefully we'll know more in the coming weeks 😊

• jude1967
    edited September 13

I would love to talk to people that is also with the claim as I know people Don.t understand wat we suffered ..what people haven.t got is that wen we over uc because of a move .they stripped us if everything and have we went to court I'd you people are forgetting the £180 for the sdp .the government over night put it through they would pay £120 .so we were paid £60 less on that and the edp payment was never put or given back and it went back to court the dwp appealed and the courts prevented the government tried appeal the 4th time and they still have and they still not paid the edp ..wen they should scope and all the charities have seen this and they have not come in and fight to the government and say to them your fight with the disable people had been thrown out court .but I had people on here as a brain injury told me they couldn't understand me.why should we be made to suffer as we already £60 MNTH LOSS and we still losing the edp as they know say to pay us in 12 months they ain.t paid it tidy since 2017 for me .so waiting a Yr and then we still not getting the edp through natural migration .so if it was where is it as it not been paid so how can charity make a stand and ask these questions why they feel we not still suffering ad I am ..tell that to the hospital that saved me on Sunday night of killing myself because we are suffering .I seem to get down and down as my condition is so rare that it's not fair as we still not being listen to I am owed over 7k and you telling us we should wait another stressfully Yr..we were told if we didn't.t take the compensation they couldn't.t fight for us anymore .I thought it ended and we would now get our payments back and we aren't.we been more less told us that we can.t talk about it .well I am sorry I not going away quietly .this government is doing exactly the same .but also charities have not come out and supported us through this fight not one charity has come out and told the country wat they took away and how because wat they done not one ..also while all this fight was going through the court a media blockage ..but yet the government send billions abroad and not acknowledged us..I suppose I will lose my voice on scope .but where have they been they still not brought to attention they failed us on the £180 and only paid £120 .they ignored that and now they ignoring the fact we should have to fight.we will not really get it.so why are the charities know and not bring it to the forefront .it's disgusting these charities have sat and watched these court cases and not one charity have spoke out ..nothing yet millions are raised for the charities that also failing the people they reckon their voice for the disable people so how about scope and other charities to blow this up and bring it to the country attention as these charities are raising money but not speaking out.my email is

[removed by moderator - personal email]

As wat I see these charities are raising money and yet won.t support any person that going wat we going through .but they raise money so where was their barrister to fight but they didn't.t they left us suffer the stress and I can.t sit back and watch charities that say they fight for the disable people .

WELL PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US WHERE WAS YOU .AS U NOT DONE ANYTHING ..YOU KNEW THESE COURT CASES WERE GOING ON ..YOU NEVER CAME OUT ONE TIME TO FIGHT WITH US THAT WANTED TO BE HEARD AS YOU DIDN.T AT ALL

SO INFACT SCOPE YOU DID NOT SUPPORT THE DISABLE PEOPLE FIGHT INSTEAD YOU SAT BACK AND U KNEW WE WERE SUFFERING .I SPEAKING OUT AND I WILL SPRAK OUT NOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA IF I HAVE TO AND I AM GOING TO SAY THAT THESE CHARITIES FOR DISABLE PEOPLE .EATCHED THIS GOING ON AND NOT ONCE YOU SUPPORTED US AND IF PEOPLE THINK WE GOT COMPENSATION BUT WE ALSO HAD TO PAY A SMALL FEE AND ITS NOT GRAND AMOUNT EITHER.BUT IF WE DIDN.T SIGN THEN THEY DROP US SO SCOPE AND ALL THE DISABLE PEOPLE FORUM AND CHARITIES .BEVER ONCE CAME TO SUPPORT US AT ALL.

IF I OFFENDED ANYONE I TELLING MY STORY AND JUST REMEMBER THIS WHERE WAS THEY .

• androgynous

@jude1967

I feel your pain. It's been the biggest cover up with no media coverage since the case started.

Scope or anyone else for that matter, haven't got a clue what you are talking about, but I do because I'm in the same place as you. I think RB has completely given up on us. It's shameful the way we have been treated.

I will try and get in touch with you, I didn't see your email before it was removed, unfortunately.

The whole PIP thing and vouchers is nothing to do with this case. Mind you, 5k of vouchers would be better than nothing which is exactly what we've got.

I've kept quiet for years. It's about time we started speaking out about total injustice.

LD is no better than the D*P, in my opinion. They failed us miserably.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,818 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @jude1967, I'm sorry you've been through such a stressful time. I can't speak on behalf of Scope as a whole, but I'll pass your post on to our Policy team so they can take a look. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

• jude1967

Thankyou androgynous

Yes that the best part the biggest cover up and the charities knew we been in court they never supported complete media black out. I had the dwp for months before I sign the contract they keep forgetting people sign this but guess what we suppose to sign the contract which I did but also photo copied it.before I sent it back.see the original case was that they reinstate it all but they then was told to pay £180 but if u remember over night they sneaked it in law that they pay the sdp then £120 .but then failed to pay our edp which we went back to court .we have sign contract that to with draw our claim so it wouldn't.t go back to court and they pay the edp and then like sdp will then phase out the same way as sdp.lolol now they back tracking .please Don.t think we we awarded thousand in compensation for stress I walked away with £850 because that wat I was worth but they said they will pay the edp and that it will be phased out like sdp will eventually.scope .mind Barbados every agency charities have know about these cases as I spoken on here many time and they never once spoke out about the suffering we going through..tha barristers got paid mire than I gpt in compensation for it and now the still not listening and now I am going to speak out as they known about it but charities will lose their money also if you remember citizen advise did wen they tried to speak out.it been a cover up and it's the same media blackout.so now I will go to social media as I told my son no mental health or surgeon can cure me .but I will speak out about the charities that not come out and tried to help those that still fighting .so now that was my qat I will get but to be honest I lost so much and this government is exactly what they promised and all the charities this been going on in my case since 2017 and now they back tracking so scope where are you and why u not supported as u known about the cases and I have spoken on here a few times.so while u suppose to stand up for disable people where was you and where are u now..as u playing devil advocate like this government and the last one .

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,875 Championing
    edited September 13

jude, charities cannot bring the government into dispute. Charities are answerable to the Charity Commission.

As far as I can see, there's been very little coverage of several judicial reviews lost by the DWP in recent years. I would second the poor opinion of LD who far too often are associated with benefits cases.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,875 Championing
    edited September 13

I enjoy reading any reference to the D*P by androgynous - it's clever and witty 😄

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,021 Empowering

What happened to you I never heard of epd sounds awful awful I'm sorry for all you been through

• jude1967

Catherine 21

This is wat it was it might not sound alot but that's per wk and wen u put it down to monthly payments it is

Enhanced disability premium

You’ll get:

£20.85 a week for a single person

£29.75 a week for a couple if at least one of you is eligible

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,021 Empowering

Is this instead of spd ? I hope you get what is rightly yours