In shock

lilybruno
lilybruno Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited August 23 in PIP, DLA, and AA

afternoon, have been waiting for date of tribunal for low rate mobility, had phone call off DWP yesterday out of the blue saying they have awarded me enhanced living and enhanced mobility, and back payment of thousands, never give up keep gathering evidence, and keep on, I am in total shock was dreading the tribunal good luck everyone. It’s been very stressful award for 10 years.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bluebell21
    Bluebell21 Community member Posts: 1,802 Pioneering

Great news @lilybruno Well done.

• lilybruno

thank you so much x

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Team

@lilybruno what fantastic news!! I'm not surprised you're in shock 😂 You can relax now.

• lilybruno

thank you so much lady on phone Sarah said she can’t believe my claim had got that far x

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 751 Championing

@lilybruno

That is excellent news! I am really pleased for you. It is unfortunate that you had to endure so much stress to receive the award you deserved, but your experience offers hope to others in similar situations.

• lilybruno

thank you, yes it has been a long stressful journey, but if I won my award it can be done, doctors support many letter off surgeons. When you are ill and struggling it’s the last thing you need to go through, so I wish all the best to people in need of support.

• DmRitchie
    DmRitchie Community member Posts: 38 Connected

That's brilliant. You're right no-one should give up. I had to go to tribunal (18 months), by the DWP presenting officer reassessed my application so at the start of the tribunal I was awarded standard for both, so the whole thing was over in about 15 mins. As well as the back pay, I got missed Christmas bonus, and cost of living payments.

• Lee56584
    Lee56584 Community member Posts: 35 Connected

Fantastic news! Xx

• lilybruno

thank you x