Advocate

123dhills
123dhills Community member Posts: 44 Connected

Hello Rosie,

Have you been able to get me an advocate.

I had a one come from POhWER but she only deals with Guardianship.She said l need a generic advocate.l have my bus pass so l can go out of my area,with permission.Thanks David.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @123dhills unfortunately not, I'm afraid. I think last time we spoke you were hoping to talk with VoiceAbility, were they unable to help too?

Is there anyone involved in your care that you might be able to ask about some further advocacy? For example, perhaps a social worker or other support staff.

If you let me know the general area you're based in, I can do some research to see if there are any more companies you could try.

• 123dhills

Hello Rosie,

Thanks for your reply.l have had to move out from Greenacres because the council has parted company from them,after they saw the reports.My social worker said l am on a mental health list for an advocate,but this was a long time ago and the promises they give you never come true.

I just feel at the moment l need someone neutral.l have been moved again and the treatment is not good.They are telling me what to do,things like giving me a shower.They have been at me continuously and sapped my spirit.

• Rosie_Scope

Sorry to hear it's taking so long for them to sort things for you @123dhills. Which area of the country are you currently living in?

Hopefully there's a service you might be able to get in touch with nearby. Do you speak to your social worker a lot? Would they perhaps be able to do some research for you or put you in contact with some other advocacy agencies?

• 123dhills

Yes Rosie you would think a social worker would be able to get me an advocate but l have found the mental health service is very poor in Nottinghamshire.Nothing like Co Durham where l felt safe,l feel alone here.l have approached Rethink in Lincoln and await for a reply.l will use my bus pass if they let me out of here.l have been moved to a place called Tuxford.Thanks for listening.

• Rosie_Scope

That's not good @123dhills, you'd think they'd be doing what they can to help you.

This is one agency I've come across today based in Nottinghamshire:

Services for Empowerment and Advocacy (seaparticipation.org.uk)

It's good that you're speaking with Rethink, I hope they're able to offer some support and advice.

• 123dhills

Thank you Rosie,

I will look into seaparticipation.org.uk

• 123dhills

Yes Rosie,

I am waiting from SEA.

In the meantime l have taken 30 minutes

Repairing a soiled nappy.

• 123dhills

Hello Rosie,

I am still waiting for a reply from SEA

In the meantime is there any independent help,I can use as l am being made to do things and have no say in the matter.As if my life is being decided for me.

• Rosie_Scope

Hi @123dhills. Sorry to hear you're feeling like that, that doesn't sound good at all. I'm afraid I'm not too sure what else to suggest. It seems like a lot of the services are taking a while to get back to you, but I really hope something comes through soon.

You could try getting in touch with Scope's helpline, they can sometimes offer some local suggestions of things to try:

Helpline | Disability charity Scope UK

They'll be open tomorrow if you'd like to get in touch with them.

Can you report any of your difficulties to your social worker, or are they not being very supportive?

• 123dhills

Thanks Rosie,

.I've contacted CAB who will get back to me in three days.l will also use helpline.