PIP award extention & SDP

kiny333
kiny333 Community member Posts: 19 Connected

Hello everyone and good morning.

I have, this morning, been informed via letter by PIP that my award has been extended by one year because my current review has not yet been completed. I was expecting the letter.

My question please, if anyone could advise is; Do I need to inform ESA of this extention as I am in ESA SG and also in receipt of the SDP?

I have read conflicting advice about this with some saying to inform ESA to tell them my PIP has been extended and others saying there is no need to do so.

I would rather not have to contact ESA if I don't have to as I have really high levels of anxiety which can lead to panic attacks with anything official over the phone so any help, advice or clarification would be really helpful and very much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance. 😊

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,319 Championing

My PIP was also extended for up to one year back in June. My ESA also includes the SDP. I didn’t inform them that my PIP was extended and there were no issues with my payments this time, they just continued as normal.

I would say leave it for now but check on your ESA payments around the time your PIP was due to end and if there’s an issue you will need to contact them. I hope this helps.

• kiny333

Thank you so much Poppy. Your knowledge, advice and help is, as always, so helpful, and very much appreciated. Thank you, again. 💐

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,319 Championing

You’re very welcome. Thank you also!

• kiny333

😊💐