Disability Discrimination Housing Eviction Possession Court

MBPJS
MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

I have a Housing possession court hearing on Tuesday September 8 which is a first direction hearing and possibly followed by another direction hearing. The accommodation provider is A Private license agreement in sized building with studios and I live in 1 of the 13 disability .

My Legal support advocate who is attending with me is helping me strong case for disability discrimination as basis for eviction decision because there are no overt reasons for this such as rent arrears or antisocial behaviour.

I’m not asking for any direct input here regarding the above or any issues or matters as I have enough input and pragmatic help from my Legal support advocate.

NO DIRECT INPUT REQUESTED

I would be grateful for support with my morale in preparation for the court hearing and stress impact post hearing.

SUPPORT WITH MORALE REQUESTED

Please keep any messages of morale support brief to 3 to 5 sentences only to avoid sensory and information overload.

Many Thanks in advance

MBPJS

Pronoun

TOY 🧸

My emoji signature

🍋🍋‍🟩⚽️🗡️🌷🌷🌷👸🏽🦋⚖️

Best Answer

  • Carl_Scope
    Carl_Scope Posts: 269 Online Community Team
    Answer ✓

    Hello @MBPJS and welcome to the community.

    I'm sorry you're facing eviction, I know it can be a really stressful and worrying time. It's great you have support and a legal advocate helping you and are not carrying the whole weight alone.

    Wishing you all the best for Tuesday.

«1

Answers

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    Thank you very much

    🍋🍋‍🟩🗡️⚽️🌷🌷🌷👸🏽🦋⚖️

  • Emilee
    Emilee Community Member Posts: 150 Empowering

    Do the emojis all represent something in particular @MBPJS?

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    the emojis represent my signature identity and real version of myself

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,018 Online Community Team

    Good luck for today @MBPJS! I hope you are feeling confident and ready for it. Let us know how it goes 😊

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    The outcome was positive in my favour 🫶🏽

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    The outcome was positive in my favour 🫶🏽

  • Mary_Scope
    Mary_Scope Posts: 5,898 Scope Online Community Children and Family Specialists

    That is excellent @MBPJS news! Thank you for the update, that must feel like such a relief for me! How are you feeling today?

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    since the hearing I have cycling through fatigue, pain strain and stress symptoms so it’s been a lot to recover from. It’s great that I had a win in my favour and the next hearing date has already been listed for October 13 so there is a lot to organise and prepare for while trying to get as much rest and recovery as possible. Have been stress eating so much and trying to keep some balance my diet in this way with healthy meals alongside some comfort foods that me to get through hardships. Generally hate unsafe and constant threat life circumstances emotionally and situationally but at least with a hearing date in place there is some clear focus in terms of priorities and how to prepare for the next hearing.

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,018 Online Community Team

    I'm sorry you're struggling at the moment @MBPJS. Have you had any support for the pain and fatigue you have been experiencing?

    It's great to see that you are trying to eat some healthy meals. Sometimes we need our comfort foods just to get us through. What is your favourite comfort food?

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    yes I am getting as much help as is currently available to me and other referrals underway for further medical care and investigation


    Recovering from the past few weeks of post court hearing By getting through the day with as rest good food and hydration as possible. Building more strength day by day.

    Love beauty, nature, water and birdlife

    Favourite comfort food is PIZZA 🍕 YUM YUM 😋

  • Mary_Scope
    Mary_Scope Posts: 5,898 Scope Online Community Children and Family Specialists

    So glad to hear you're getting support, @MBPJS! Do you know when you might hear back about the referrals?

    Pizza is delicious, what's your favorite kind?

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    I’m working on referral. It’s a big project in my life trying to get the medical investigation and care I need. I have a medical appointments every week.


    I love all pizzas but especially homemade which is something I like to do as a hobby and I might do this weekend


    🍋🍋‍🟩🗡️⚽️🌷🌷🌷👸🏽🦋⚖️

  • Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 5,018 Online Community Team

    I saw pizza mentioned and knew I had to get involved 😆 Tell me more about your homemade pizzas! Have you perfected the dough recipe? What kind of toppings do you go for?

    I'm really happy to hear that you are trying to get the care you need. It can be a tough journey.

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    This week I am stressed because I’m fighting to try to get a medical letter from my GP practice for the next Court hearing so I can be best supported in the courtroom by my Legal support advocate given my disability and vulnerability. This is all such hard work and I feel like having a constant meltdown because of how much pain strain and drain everything is.

    Making home-made pizza would be something actually completely outside of this to look forward to this weekend along with a bath for my sore muscles.


    I used to make home-made pizza every Friday afternoon and I haven’t done that routine for a long time because has got so busy with statutory matters. So it might be something to try this weekend

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    so I had my pizza 🍕 this weekend 😋 not homemade because would be impossible right now with overwhelming stress just to keep on top of housework but I ordered takeaways from a healthy pizza place - so going to sleep today with a bit more of a smile on face 😊

  • Mary_Scope
    Mary_Scope Posts: 5,898 Scope Online Community Children and Family Specialists

    It's good to hear you were able to smile yesterday @MBPJS😊What pizza did you go for? How are you feeling today?

  • MBPJS
    MBPJS Community Member Posts: 22 Listener

    A healthy cheesy vegetarian non-gluten-free so a bit of a guilty pleasure because I have been gluten-free for a few years not because of a specific condition but because it helps my mental health recovery. Thank you for asking how I’m feeling today ❤️‍🩹 appreciate it as I’m not feeling good. Lots of tensions with the my where I live alongside the Housing eviction proceedings. The last 10 years of my life and recent experiences have resulted in me finally developing encourage to speak truth to power and that’s pretty much all I doesn’t go down well with everyone but that is ‘the courage’. It’s one of those situations where the overall goal Has been and still is to develop the courage and this in its moment to moment day-to-day subjective felt sense reality is very hard work (I would say this is made unnecessarily harder and at the risk of deterioration of my symptoms because of how other people impact me with very little awareness of how they impact me and that is why I protect myself with detachment)

    Developing this courage is the most important thing that it does happen because I’m going to need it in the courtroom in the next hearing on October 13.

    🍋🍋‍🟩🗡️⚽️🌷🌷🌷👸🏽🦋⚖️

  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community Member Posts: 290 Pioneering

    I am sorry to hear you have been going through this. My son and I were made homeless two years ago but the threats of it was possibly worse than the actuality, although that was dreadful too. I am very thankful it's over. Be reassured your ordeal will end too and things will get better.

    I have been undergoing lots of medical testing this year too and feel closer to an answer finally, although it isn't easy. I have great trouble standing up for myself and applaud your determination to do so.

    Best wishes for the future,

    Lu

  • Mary_Scope
    Mary_Scope Posts: 5,898 Scope Online Community Children and Family Specialists
    edited September 30

    That pizza sounds delicious @MBPJS 😍.

    It sounds like you have been on a big journey with courage, it can take a lot of work but it's worth it in the end if it's how you protect your peace and mental health.

    How are you feeling about the upcoming hearing?

    Thank you for sharing your experience @bookrabbit, it's good to hear that you and your son have come out the other side of something so stressful. How are you both doing at the moment?

    I'm glad to hear you're getting closer to answers about your health, having a diagnosis or the right treatment plan and support in place can make such a big difference😊.