Childrens Orthotic Shoes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Childrens Orthotic Shoes

Options
chakka
chakka Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello would anyone be able to recommend any companies that sell childrens orthotic shoes? the ones I have researched on the internet are not very nice and extremely expensive.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• acrossthepond
    acrossthepond Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Options
    Hi Chakka,

I don't know if this will help you but there is a website, armbraces.com, that deals in children's and some adult orthotic shoes. They call them Hatchback shoes. They seem to have a little more style than other sites I looked into, when I was looking for something I could use for myself. I recently started wearing afos.

I realized that my needs could be met simply by enlarging my sneaker size to accommodate the afo and buying that size in a wide width. My new search is for some kind of winter boot that I can use when the snow is flying and I must be out somewhere. I have a post up on this elsewhere.

I know that mail ordered purchases are not always the best, especially for items like these, but I hope you find something suitable and let everyone know if you do.

Good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.