A drive way — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A drive way

Options
greay1
greay1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
can any one help, i need help getting a drive way built in front of my bungalow. Are there any charaties in west somerset or any where that can help. i was moved as a medical emergency. but can not park car any where near bungalow. because there are to many cars in my close.18 bungalows and 2/3 cars per bungalow. PLEASE HELP.

Comments

• ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Options
    Hi
    This website can help you identify potential funders:
    http://www.turn2us.org.uk/

You might also want to contact Scope Response, Freephone 0808 800 3333 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) or email response@scope.org.uk

Best Wishes

Forum Moderator
  • JDWilson
    JDWilson Community member Posts: 90 Listener
    Options
    What about your local OT There are Disabled facilities grants which could help. Good Luck.
  • Flossy
    Flossy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Hi Contact : CARE DIRECT ON 0845 3459133 be used for adaptations to give you better freedom of movement into and around your home and/or to provide essential facilities within it.

improving access to and movement around the home to enable you to care for another person who lives in the property, such as a child.

An occupational therapist will look at your circumstances and can recommend the type of adaptation(s) needed.

Check out the website for : West Somerset District Council .gov.uk

This site tells you how to apply.

Good Luck and I hope this bit of information might help you.
  • greay1
    greay1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your help you have helped thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.