Any info on maternal trauma (i.e car accident in pregnancy) causing CP in baby? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any info on maternal trauma (i.e car accident in pregnancy) causing CP in baby?

Options
mollymoobarnes
mollymoobarnes Community member Posts: 107 Listener
Hi all

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of/knowledge of a car accident in pregnancy causing their child's brain injury? I have been asking my son's neonatal paed this question and he has found a medical article suggesting that this can be a cause of CP.

I was involved in an accident in week 26 of my pregnancy but was checked out by an ambulance crew and sent off as fit and healthy (although very shocked). It seems that although I did not sustain any injuries, my beloved boy did. Not sure what to do next...

Maria x

Comments

• NicolaMc
    NicolaMc Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi Maria,

No experience or insight to lend. Just aware that this has probably kicked up a whole load of emotions and wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you.

Nicola x
  • mollymoobarnes
    mollymoobarnes Community member Posts: 107 Listener
    Options
    Thanks hon - I feel so sick... I am just on the phone to a solicitor to see if they will look at our case and help us. If this is what caused it then it was so avoidable - we would have not been involved if we left 5 mins later or had taken a different route and his life would have been so different. It just sucks.

I'll be fine - its just another terrifying loop on the rollercoaster that is my life!

M xxxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.