Polo Shirt with zip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Polo Shirt with zip

Options
Alicia
Alicia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, we have had a call from a parent with a 12 year old son with Downs and issues with buttons. She is looking for a polo shirt with a half zip at the neck. She used to get them from Next but they are not doing them any more. Does anyone know who else might do them?

Thanks in advance for you help :-)

Comments

• JimJams
    JimJams Community member Posts: 174 Connected
    Options
    sports direct have these type of shirts but I think they are golfing tops but probably wont matter
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Options
    Penny Austin via Facebook suggests it would be much easier (and cheaper) to take off the buttons and replace with a bit of popper tape - the stuff you get on the bottom of duvet covers. Or sew on velcro (the sticky stuff is rubbish btw)
  • Emma
    Emma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 85 Connected
    Options
    Another message via Facebook. Jo Turner writes ...
    Just sent a load of brand new ones of these off to charity as we had same issues & I'd bought in bulk when in primary. Bhs used to do them with no buttons or zips. Also found a few in various cheaper shops eg primark & peacocks. We still ha
    ve issues but my 12 year old actually wore a shirt to school last year, but it did take OT 12 years to get him to do it. He still will not anything else with buttons on especially trousers with the adjustable waist with buttons on inside & I'm having to get them custom made now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.