Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

menstrual cycle

NfiltnessNfiltness Member Posts: 2
My 21 year old has spastic quadriplegia. She has been having periods since she was sixteen. They have started to become really irregular and this is making her extremely moody. She gets frustrated because of her physical limitations and her tone goes through the roof which in turn causes her pain. Anyone got any advice what I should do?

Menu thanks


  • EllaBEllaB Member Posts: 35 Listener
    Have you thought about going to see a family planning counsellor? They should be able to provide you with help on issues such as pain relief, mood swings etc. Your GP should be able to recommend a clinic or look online for a local Brook centre. Some surgeries now have their own family planning practitioners too.
  • NfiltnessNfiltness Member Posts: 2
    Thanks will give it a go x
Sign in or join us to comment.