Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Need financial help
My name is Evangelist Joan Shurland, living in Leicester. I have disabilities: in lower back bone condition, Osteoarthritis in left hip, Arthritis in knees, & fingers joints, and was shot in my head at close range, skull damaged, & left eye was blown from the socket. Cannot afford a scooter, and in need of one so I can be more independent. I have to be moving around with a walker chair which is not much help to me. I can't walk no more than three - four minutes without stopping. I am on the PIP, but went to the assessment again in I think August, I had to wait for about ten weeks before hearing back from them. When the letter was look over who take me to the assessment four (4) of the answers to four (4) questions was wrong answers the young man who did the assessment put down. Now the MOSIAC is looking into it. I Ma only on the ESA £373 every fortnigh, the Enham Care Organisation take £131 to wards the Carer's salary. She come 45 minutes every mornings, once per week she get an hour to clean the house, & ever two (2) weeks she get two hours to take me shopping. I need financial help.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.