Psoriatic Arthritis and Cortisone injections — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Psoriatic Arthritis and Cortisone injections

barnseybscuk
barnseybscuk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Had another Depamedrone (Cortisone) injection yesterday, also was taken off the Ustekinumab that I had been receiving for six months, it wasn't working. Feel a little better after the Cortisone but still far away from being anywhere normal. Just a final note, I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis almost twenty years ago. Still plodding on though. Lots of Love.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barnseybscuk welcome to the community, good to hear that the cortisone is helping a little.  

Members @sue_duke @Ytyvet and @Zoegb1 might be good to chat with as they have shared their stories of differing types of arthritis.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    hi barnseybsuck, i have the same codition, now i also have bylatral sacriliitis, which can come if you have  psoriatic arthritis im in a wheel chair, i was offered that injection but so far turned it down, over the years ive had loads of cortison injections, i think in the end they could do more damage, after my MRI scan i was told nothing can be done, i dont even no if this is fore ever.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.