Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Back op and wear and tear to spine
Hi years ago had a back op it work and was able to go back to wk but now as yrs gone by and nearing 60 water tear inj in to spine m,r,I scan think u could put me on the fridge . Now hv cervical sponglits in the neck spine and rite leg numb and weak . But I was a tom boy I rode horses motor bike loved net ball walk .walk my dogs loved to dance loved my high heels but now it ,o. U can not do this I know I get tried easy u livening in pain every single day on so much pain killers ,but famliy just what to wipe u up say seat there do not move my bike my partner said o do u mind if I give u bike to my daughter because u can not use it . U find u self saying yes ok but in side u shouting why it my bike , you get pointing out u can not do that do not lift that your whole being get taken away yes I walk like Donald Duck , hv to wear pads because joy off joy u badder damage but I am still me let me breath go .
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.