Back op and wear and tear to spine — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back op and wear and tear to spine

francine
francine Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi years ago had a back op it work and was able to go back to wk but now as yrs gone by and nearing 60 water tear inj in to spine m,r,I scan think u could put me on the fridge . Now hv cervical sponglits in the neck spine and rite leg numb and weak . But I was a tom boy I rode horses motor bike loved net ball walk .walk my dogs loved to dance loved my high heels but now it ,o. U can not do this I know I get tried easy u livening in pain every single day on so much pain killers ,but famliy just what to wipe u up say seat there do not move my bike my partner said o do u mind if I give u bike to my daughter because u can not use it . U find u self saying yes ok but in side u shouting why it my bike , you get pointing out u can not do that do not lift that  your whole being get taken away yes I walk like Donald Duck , hv to wear pads because joy off joy u badder damage but I am still me let me breath go .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @francine

Welcome to the community, this all sounds very difficult.  I hope you can find some support and friendship in this community.  I always find talking about it helps.  
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.