Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Family problems

Jenna1Jenna1 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2016 in Disabled people
Has anyone else experienced family problems due to their disability. I have two brothers  three nephews, 3 neices and they just don't want to now and treat me as if I  am an idiot just because I had a subaerchnoid haemorraghe.   It got worse since my  parents died. It is Christmas Eve and not one of them has sent me a card  . I have a ready meal for tomorrow and that's my day ! 

Replies

• bambam Member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Hello @Jenna1 I also have similar problems or issues in my life too. I know it's really difficult,especially during the holidays. You can spend Christmas here with me,if you're lonely. Feel free to send me a message if you want. My name is Bam. Merry Christmas
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jenna1 welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are struggling with your family.

Have you tried to talk to them about how they feel? Can you do anything to meet new people? Join local groups, start activities etc to create a new group of friends?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.