ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


14 weeks have now gone by and still no decision as weither we are getting esa, have used our savings to live, council agreed to pay decembers rent they rang this morning to imform us that this has now stopped because of no decision local mp is doing his best, but they dont seem to be taking any notice looks like eviction is looming, my hubby relies on machines in the evening, Thanks very much government and dwp.


  • Angel40
    Angel40 Member Posts: 34 Connected
    My god, thats ridiculous,  dont tell me, theres a back log. Thats what i keep getting told. How can they not pay with a sick note? Great that your mp is behind you. Ours too is involved in our issues. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    You might be eligible to claim PIP.  There's advice about PIP (Personal Independence Payment) on Scope's website.
  • eth5927
    eth5927 Member Posts: 18 Listener
    My hubby does claim pip hun, this all started the end of september when we made the claim all documents were sent by recorded delivery they closed the claim down by saying they hadnt recieved them they had because i saw the signiture of reciept when i tracked by royal mail.after that was proved to them they opened the claim up, we were told weeks ago a decision would be made but still nothing, its sad really that these incompetent people from the dwp cant be held responsible for playing with peoples lives and the misery and distress they are causing disabled people.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.