Autism and DLA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism and DLA

madswanson
madswanson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I'm taking up an issue with my local MP around my son age 45 who has autism. I'd be interested to know if anyone else claiming DLA has hit a similar problem. It has been reviewtwice with DWP

Comments

• Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Courageous

Welcome @madswanson and thank you for posting your query. Would you like to explain a little more about what the problem is? What has been the outcome of the reviews? With more detail you may get more advice or find others on here who have experienced similar situations.

Best wishes,

Aidan

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi madswanson

I'm not sure exactly what you are speaking to your MP about. Perhaps it is about having to claim Personal Independence Payment which people of working age are likely to do after a period of DLA entitlement.

We help people make sure they get their correct entitlements including challenging decisions. Sadly the initial decision is often wrong and this is something people often have to do.

Do let us know if we can help further.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.