Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


nortonnorton Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi.i am receiving esa ( support group) my husband is not working.   Would my benefits be affected by claiming carers allowance. 
Thank you 


  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hello Norton

    To claim Carers Allowance someone must be looking after someone who is in receipt of a qualifying benefit e.g. PIP - daily living.  Is this the case?

    If you/your husband do claim Carers Allowance then all relevant benefit agencies should be informed.  This is because claiming Carers Allowance will affect benefit entitlement, but generally it can increase your total benefit income. 

    Kind regards

    Maria Solomon
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • nortonnorton Member Posts: 2 Listener
Sign in or join us to comment.