Uphill struggle to move to a smaller property — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uphill struggle to move to a smaller property

JayHarold
JayHarold Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello there, I am new to the community.  I have a progressive lung disorder called aspergillus, Asthma, Addisons Disease, Osteoporosis, Angina and frequent lung blood clots and Esophageal ulcers.  At the age of 58 I was retired on the grounds of ill health three years ago from a job I loved.  I am really struggling at the moment, having got into debt by living on credit cards.  I receive lower rate PIP, won my appeal against the DWP for ESA (horrendeous experience) and now face an uphill struggle to move to a smaller property (I am in social housing).  Can anyone advise me?  I have found a mutual exchange to a smaller house with one less bedroom but have found that my housing association do not assist financially with downsizing and neither does my local council.  As a move will cost in the region of £1,000, I am now stuck in the difficult position of being unable to afford to move but I am penalised for having a spare bedroom.  Can anyone advise me please?  Many thanks,  Jay

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.