mortgage payment help with esa — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

mortgage payment help with esa

JohnM Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I have a question. I am now receiving income-related esa, is it possible to have any mortgage payment help with esa? Does anyone have any advice please?


  • GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Hello JohnM Welcome if you could free phone Scope 0808 800 3333 JohnM ask for scope benefits advisor they will be only to happy to talk it through with you take care.
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi @JohnM,

    According to the website you might be eligible for help paying the interesting on the mortgage.

    To apply you need to contact the Jobcentre Plus.

  • juliemarie
    juliemarie Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had to sell my house because DWP only pay a PERCENTAGE OF MORTGAGE INTEREST. 
    Since then I stopped claiming any benefits and lived off my capital. 
    Now the money is gone. 
    I'm waiting for a date for my ESA appeal against their decision. 
    Also my local housing authority will only pay part of my rent. This has been topped up with discretionary housing payments for six weeks. 
    After that I'm homeless. 
    I'm sixty this month.
    I have Fibromyalgia syndrome, depression and anxiety. 
    I'm feeling suicidal. 

  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Julie,

    Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.

    You mention feeling suicidal - if you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected] You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

    We can try to help you here - you can also try our helpline - 0808 800 3333 (open 9-5, weekdays) who might be able to help you get some help.

    Take care.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.