christineparry Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi please can you let me know if I can get funding to have driving lessons 


  • Ajk110
    Ajk110 Community member Posts: 47 Contributor

    Hi @christineparry I think you can if you're a customer of the Motability scheme:

    get in touch with them to discuss your circumstances and they will be able to advise you further.

  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,304 Pioneering
    Hi Christineparry,

    There's some useful information about learning to drive through the motability scheme on the Disability Grants website.

    Once you have your provisional licence from the DVLA you may be able to apply to the Motability scheme for help towards the cost of learning to drive.
    To apply:
    You must be a customer of the Motability Scheme or have a pending agreement with a confirmed delivery date no more than 4 months from the date of your grant application.

    You must be in receipt of a mean tested benefit such as Income Support or Working Tax Credit.

    You are in full time education or training (up to 25 years) and you or your parents/guardian receives a means tested benefit.