Cars which can take a mobility scooter - any ideas, please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cars which can take a mobility scooter - any ideas, please?

Options
libbyg
libbyg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have joined on behalf of my husband who has I P F and his mobility is severely affected by his breathlessness. He has 2 scooters and I would like to know about cars which can take a mobility scooter. Our scooter does pack down but I find our big Subaru hard to drive I would like something smaller . Any ideas please! 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @libbyg,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I've moved this post into our Disability Aids and Equipment category, so other members of the community can advise.

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Boychris
    Boychris Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hi Libbyg, 
    I Had a Scooter it broke down into five parts and it fitted neatly into a Vauxhall Astra car but i still found the seats are a bit clumsy on scooters so i used to put mine on the back seat. Now i have electric wheelchair which travels every were with me now i have a vauxhall estate that will take two scooters if needed, the astra is a nice car to drive fantastic on fuel i would recommend it any anyone.

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I have a Renault Scenic with a winch fitted to load and unload the TGA Mobility scooter I use. I prefer the Grand Scenic as the boot is bigger but it would fit into either Scenic.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.