Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

House for rent

lisatlisat Member Posts: 1 Listener

I own an adapted property on Minor Street in Failsworth, Manchester, M35.

It is a terraced house, which has a lift, hoists in the main bedroom and bathroom and the bathroom has been adapted into a wet room with a special toilet.   The doors have been widened to accommodate a wheelchair, and the turning circle on the landing has been extended.

The house has been rented out since January 2012.  The current tenant is moving at the end of August, and therefore I would be looking for a new tenant.

As the house is adapted, I feel it would be ideal for a tenant that has mobility issues to enable them to lead as normal a life as possible.

I am contacting your charity to enquire if you know of anybody that is currently looking for accommodation, and you feel that this house would work for them.  We would be looking from October 2017.



  • Anastasia_T22Anastasia_T22 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Dear Lisa,
    I have cerebral palsy and use an electric wheelchair.  Please could you tell me more?
    Yours sincerely 
    Anastasia Tempest 
  • Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,113 Pioneering
    Hi @lisat,

    Sorry, I'm afraid I've had to remove your email address. In terms of looking for someone to rent your property, have you put up anything on any housing websites?

    The House Shop allows people to advertise their accessible property on their site for free, which may be of interest to you.

    I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
Sign in or join us to comment.