If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Assessment

Options
mandy18a
mandy18a Community member Posts: 47 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had pip assesment last week and hot universal credit medical tomortow 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi mandy and welcome
    I hope your assessments go well for you
    Please come back and let us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @mandy18a
    I know its a stressful and worrying time, (I had my pip assessment three weeks ago, and I've got my wca for Universal Credit this week), but good luck, and I hope it all goes well for you on the day.
  • mandy18a
    Options
    It is stressfull and for them yo cancel half an hour b4 arghh
  • mandy18a
    Options
    Hi barrylad1957 and cockneyrebel just come bk she sent me home 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    did she send you home without completeing the assessment ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mandy18a
    Options
    Yes she did 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mandy18a Oh no! How frustrating for you. Have you had another appointment come through? 
  • mandy18a
    Options
    She said due to my mental state there was no need to carry on sorry that was universal credit i went to pip 3 days before and she told lies and i got universal credit put into support group i have sent mandatory reconsideration in how long does it take to hear back from that please Pippascope 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,790 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I see, @mandy18a. I really hope things get sorted and you get the outcome you're hoping for.

The wait times seem to be very variable at the moment: it seems to take between 2-8 weeks to hear back, although it may take longer than this. If you're concerned, it might be a good idea to contact DWP in a few days time to check they've received your reconsideration request.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.