Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Trying to help a friend through maze of going on sick leave from work and then applying for PIP and
Hoping someone can help on me help a friend with step by step process of what she should do to ask for sick leave via GP ,she is very worried about finances concerning finishing work altogether,(she has Fibro and other bad medical conditions)she has been told she cannot apparently claim housing benefit ,as she works 20 hrs per week at 7.77 per hr,she has a 16 year old son who attends college,she does not get or claims ESA ,JSA,Universal Credit ,PIP ,nothing!.Where does she start or what step come first to claim some or any benefits.. Very confusing ,and I don't want to give her mis-information.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.