Had to fill in new application — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Had to fill in new application

Maximoo22 Member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi i have mental health problems and crohns disease need help for medical


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome

    There is a wealth of info on this site about Claiming benefits, please have a look around
    Please can you tell us a little more about yourself and the help you need

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Maximoo22
    Maximoo22 Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi i was diagnosed with Crohns Disease last April i had a bowel resection in hospital last year. I have not been well since finding out about crohns i suffer daily with sickness because i can't keep any sort of food down and that happens every day. I suffer with really painful arthritis because of the Crohns so I'm on morphine for pain relief and steroids. But with taking steroids my bones have become very soft, last year i suffered 2 fractures in my spine and i Don't recall having an accident to cause that it just happened. On my hospital records i have seen that i have schizophrenia2 but my GP has personality disorder I'm on a lot of medication for that as well and I'm always extremely tired. I have just filled in pip forms and sent them back but I'm worried sick
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger

    Scope, CAB and Disability Rights sites all have guides to claiming PIP.  Disability Rights guide has a draft diary.  It's a good idea to submit at least a 7-day diary with your PIP clam form.  Also Disability Rights publish a benefits handbook, available from their site.  You have to buy this but it's worth the money.

    List all the aids that you use.  Using aids should get you some points especially if you have difficulty undertaking daily tasks even using aids.  Don't tick the 'it varies' mobility box but a specific box.  Able to walk up to 20 meters aided = 12 points (enhanced rate), able to walk 20-50 meters aided = 10 points (standard rate), able to walk 20-50 meters unaided = 8 points.  These are all walking distances before you need to stop and rest.  And outdoors using pavements and kerbs.

    You can also phone the Scope helpline who might be able to tell you about face to face advice in your area.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.