Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is zbourne!
I am a mother of 3. My 2nd child has cerebral palsy and is quadriplegic. She is 23 and requires 1-1 care but is able to express herself and tell us her likes/ dislikes, wants etc. We are in the middle of building an extension with bedroom and wet room for her to aid her independence and make the house more accessible. At present, we carry her up and down the stairs and in to the shower so her new bedroom will be a welcome sight once it’s completed.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.