Hi, my name is trish444! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is trish444!

Options
trish444
trish444 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I am a 57 year old woman with PPMS , I am looking to complete some volunteer work within my capabilities

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @trish444, lovely to meet you!

Was there any particular branch of volunteering you had in mind? You might be interested in Scope's advice on volunteering with a disability
  • trish444
    Options
    my limitations are i cant walk too far and i have to watch my energy levels when i was employed i worked in IT so comfortable with this area. At angry stage in my illness as too many people treat you as if you are stupid if one part of you no longer works , and i feel need to channel this positively presently do some hours teaching adults basic arithmetic or how to work laptops etc
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds reasonable @trish444; I've moved your post into our Ask An Employment Advisor category to see if they have any advice for you.

I completely agree, if I had a pound for every person who's talked to me like a five year old because I use a wheelchair, I'd be a very rich person! Good on you for wanting to use your limited energy to work with others!
  • trish444
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.