Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Bad decision from PIP.
I need some urgent advice about PIP . My 16 year old son who suffers from High Functioning Autism. Was just awarded Zero points on everything in the pip form. He was getting the higher rate care and lower rate disability when he had DLA. So this is the result of switching over from DLA to PIP. So I am trying to find out what next and how to proceed. My son has an EHCP which he gets an additional 20 hrs of classroom support. I am dumbstruck with this decision. I called and requested the mandatory reconsideration and I have until the 29th of November to send in my response as to what I disagree with. I really need someone to help me with this next step. In the meantime my son’s DLA will stop on the 21st of this month.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.