Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Lainey125!
Hi.Id like to talk about moving from ESA to universal credit.I recently moved from a non universal credit active area to a fully active universal credit area.I moved into a private let.So I went to my local council to find out how to get my HB paid to be told they only deal with council tennants.Basically I went online to ask shelter for advice to be told I will need to apply for universal cred.So I have and I have a job centre app the day before I was due my ESA benefit but now I won'. So basically need to wait bout 6 weeks before a payment.How long does an advance payment take as I will be struggling for heating food etc till it kicks in.Cheers peeps.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.