Hi, my name is TheKLF99! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TheKLF99!

TheKLF99
TheKLF99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I just joined this community as I saw it on facebook.

I have a form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome as well as ADHD.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 24.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TheKLF99

Welcome to our website/community.

It's great to meet you this mourning.

Please please have a good look around & let me know if there is anything that I can help you with ???

I have posted some info for you, please let me know if I can help/support you with ????

Thanks.

https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/adhd/?gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11-Up6UaxChLC-rZEaT1lhftjgJ1e-NGyZLAcjYm8qpRoCjdzw_wcB
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice to meet you, @TheKLF99! Would you like to tell us some more about yourself?
  • TheKLF99
    TheKLF99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi Pippa,

I was initially diagnosed at school with ADHD but was told I'd grow out of ADHD, later on when I got to 24 I was re-assessed for Asperger's by Professor Digby Tantum who confirmed Asperger's, and later on my ADHD was also re-assessed and it was found that actually I hadn't outgrown ADHD.  

My main speciality is computer systems and I run my own computer repair business called Axiam PC repair in Ludlow, Shropshire, I also do website design with Wits End Wizardry, which is a small web design CIC run by Aspie in Worcester (Aspie is a charity for people with Asperger's Syndrome in Worcester).

I went to the University of Central Lancashire and studied a HND in Software Engineering, initially I did a degree in software engineering, but at the time was undiagnosed asperger's so struggled to complete it and ended up doing the HND instead.

When I was 25 I completed the Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award and got to meet Prince Philip in London.

I also volunteer with the scout association at 1st Tenbury scouts, and volunteer at The Regal in Tenbury as a projectionist, recently I've been trained up to do live projections as well as films.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Good to hear @TheKLF99, I bet meeting Prince Philip was an experience! Congrats on the HND too, that's a great achievement.

Have a look around the community and don't hesitate to get involved: you might be particularly interested in our ASD category. If we can be of any assistance, just let us know, and have a great day!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.