Hi, my name is clare2412! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is clare2412!

clare2412
clare2412 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have decided to join this group as I was looking on line to see if my husband's experience of an assessment was a 'one off.- apparntly not. 
He had a severe stroke 11 months ago - boxing day actually - and this has left him with several difficulties. I won't go into all of these - but will state he is registered blind in one eye.
Well he had his assessment and scored 0! Apparently no visual problems! - my doctor was extremely cross said a 0 score had to be a typo and she made me an hour long appointment and wrote the appeal. So now just waiting. Terrible service. I put the claim in at the beginning of February!

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clare2412

A very very big welcome to you this afternoon.

It's great to have you onboard.

I'm sorry to hear about you husbands Stroke.

That's the last thing that you need getting caught up in the "pip" mess !!!!!!

Can you please please let me know if I can help with "pip" in anyway ?????

Is there any info that might be helpfull to you ???

I have also had a large Stroke myself so if there is anything that might help please please let me know ???

Many thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.