If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is banjoheath!

banjoheathbanjoheath Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Could any body tell me if my disabled son, who receive pip is entitled to any other support while in college. As he is struggling to hold down part time Work due to surgery and the disability itself. He just needs some pocket money as his pip only covers his car and fuel. Thanks in advance. 


  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Hi @banjoheath, and welcome to the community!

    Have you spoken to your college's Support Services at all? Sometimes they may have individual opportunities to provide more support. 

    If your son claims PIP, he may also be able to claim other expenses too, such as travel costs, which may help to save money. You might also like to have a look at the online benefits calculator, to check you're not missing anything else he may be entitled to. Hope this helps and good luck!
Sign in or join us to comment.