Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, needing advice on what to do. I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my hands spine hips knees and feet and my doctor has told me I cannot return to the job I had been doing for the last 8 years. I am a carer in a nursing home & I have been off & on SSP since august. My work want me to hand my notice in but the advice I've had so far is not to hand my notice in as I won't be able to claim anything so will have no income, so what do I do ?. I'm looking for another job but as I live on my own it will have to be non physical & financially viable. I've already had my pip assessment & awaiting result for that.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 968 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.