i have just been told i dont qualify for the warm home discount scheme — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i have just been told i dont qualify for the warm home discount scheme

Options
amanda74
amanda74 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have just been told i dont qualify for the warm home discount scheme although i got it last year and nothing has changed? im on income related esa in the support group, not required to look for work and im on housing and council tax benefit. according to sse's form i am eligible? as i was last year? or do they just pick and choose who they apply it to whether you are eligible or not?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi amanda and welcome

The broader group which applies to people that are on a low  income and not receiving the guaranteed element of pension credit have to apply while the scheme is open and are then treated on a first come first served basis

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @amanda74
    It says on the gov website:

Your electricity supplier decides who can get the discount - check with your supplier to see if you’re eligible and how to apply.
    Check with your supplier as early as possible. The number of discounts suppliers can give are limited.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    It's so confusing !.I'm with ovo and don't think I've got it this year either .om om esa and p.i.p .do they class that as not low income now ?.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's so confusing !.I'm with ovo and don't think I've got it this year either .om om esa and p.i.p .do they class that as not low income now ?.
    You have posted on the end of a thread from 5 years ago, which is confusing. The criteria for Warm Home Discount have been revised this year. Sadly Gov.uk still doesn’t give information about the revised scheme for this year.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The rules for eligibility has changed this year 

It is now paid automatically to those eligible you don't need to apply 

You no longer get it if you only get a disability benefit you need to be getting a means tested benefit 

It also goes on your energy usage and only paid to those who are high users but as yet they haven't announced what is classed as high usage 

I'm sure poppy or calcotti have posted a link about it on other threads if you search warm home discount 
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    I have looked at eonnext and it says the scheme is not open yet so when does it open
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have looked at eonnext and it says the scheme is not open yet so when does it open

As has been advised in the thread, the scheme has changed this year and you don't need to apply. If you're living in England or Wales, if you automatically qualify you will receive a letter and the £150 will be paid onto your energy account. Details here. https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/warm-home-discount/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.